Frequently Asked Questions About Caregiving Services
1. Can caregiving services include transportation? Yes, along with other services, caregivers can provide transportation and escort clients to doctor’s appointments, the grocery store, events, to run errands, etc.
2. Can caregivers provide services outside of private homes? In addition to providing in-home care, our networker of caregivers can travel to assisted living facilities, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, or any other location the client needs.
3. Do caregivers you refer provide nursing services? We work with a network of RNs (registered nurses) and LPNs (licensed practical nurses) who can provide in-home specialized nursing services, such as wound care, medication management, and assessments in addition to the general caregiver services we provide.
4. Do caregivers you refer provide hospice care? The caregivers we refer do not provide hospice or palliative care at Florida First Senior Home Care. But, at Florida First Senior Home Care, we are happy to offer referrals of caregivers who can provide long-term in-home health services for you or a loved one.
5. Do caregivers you refer offer overnight care? Florida First Senior Home Care can refer caregivers who provide 24-hour services, so overnight care can be made available. Caregivers can work at any time that your loved one needs in-home assistance, and we are available 24/7 by phone for support and to answer any questions you may have.
6. Do you accept insurance? In order to make care accessible to those who need it, all forms of long-term care insurance that you may have are accepted. If you do not have a long-term care policy, private payments are also accepted.
7. What certifications do caregivers you refer have? Prior to being eligible to be referred to a family, all caregivers must complete a thorough FBI-2 background check. They are also all CPR-certified, insured, and licensed to provide in-home care. Caregivers can also be CNAs with their HHA (home health aide) certification as well as licensed RNs and LPNs. All caregivers hold certifications and licensing authorizing them to provide in-home health care, and they all have liability insurance, a minimum of two years of experience, thorough reference checks, and physical screenings. We will only refer a qualified and experienced caregiver to you and your loved ones.
8. Have a Different Question about Caregiving Services?
If you have any additional questions about Florida First Senior Home Care or the services the caregivers we refer can provide, please feel free to call us at 561-771-5980.